David's Blog

A prayer to pray every day of life?

Reading Through the Bible through the year with John Stott (p296)  I came across this prayer  of which he prayed at the very beginning of each day:

Almighty and everlasting God,Creator and Sustainer of the universe, I worship you.

Lord Jesus Christ,Saviour and Lord of the world, I worship you.

Holy Spirit,Sanctifier of the people of God, I worship you.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end.Amen.

Heavenly Father, I pray that this dayI may live in your presence and please you more and more.

Lord Jesus Christ, I pray that this dayI may take up my cross and follow you.

Holy Spirit, I pray that this day your fruit may ripen in my life -- love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

Holy, blessed and glorious Trinity, three persons and one God, have mercy upon me.

Amen.